An Original Franklin Farm
The Kreger Farmhouse, barn and shed were moved from their location at 26565 Scenic Drive in Franklin Village to the Village Green on December 18, 2008. The Greek revival house and the outbuildings were built in the 1860’s and are an excellent example of rural American architecture. They perfectly reflect the nature of early Franklin. Preserving the Kreger farm buildings is vital to keeping Franklin's rural character intact.
When the Kreger Farmhouse and property were sold, the new owner of the property, the Bauer family, donated the house, shed and barn to the Franklin Historical Society along with a substantial donation to assist in moving the structures. A group of citizens have banded together to move these historic buildings to the Village Center in the heart of downtown Franklin and renovate them for community use.